Website Insmed EU Careers
Job Title: Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics
Requisition Number: 2024-5492
Number of Positions: 1
Job Function (For External Posting Only): Research
Insmed is a global biopharmaceutical company on a mission to transform the lives of patients living with serious and rare diseases. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and everything we do is motivated by a patients-first mentality. We are dedicated to growing our team with talented individuals from around the world who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively with a sense of urgency and compassion.
Guided by our core values of collaboration, accountability, passion, respect, and integrity, we aim to foster an inclusive, diverse, and flexible work environment, where our employees are recognized for leaning in and rolling up their sleeves. If you share our vision and want to work with the most dedicated people in the biopharma industry, come to Insmed to accelerate your career.
This role will act to support the pursuit of scientific research from early-stage target discovery and validation to lead optimisation and candidate selection. In this role you will contribute to and lead efforts to develop tools, build analytical pipelines, perform in-depth data analysis and data modelling to support the wider science team. This work will involve collaboration and contribution with a range of multidisciplinary teams, including biologists, chemists, human geneticists, platform developers and data scientists. A successful candidate will be a confident programmer with a broad range of experience in the fields of bioinformatics or data science, including at least two years of industrial bioinformatic experience.
Additional representative responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Be a contributor in a small dynamic team, designing and maintaining critical bioinformatic tools and pipelines.
- Provide analytical and statistical rigour to empower better decision making during experimental design.
- Work independently to deliver across multiple project areas.
- Promote data integrity by employing current Insmed best practices for data handling and storage, to empower broadscale analyses.
- The ability to organise and lead projects independently, including presenting project updates to key decision makers.
- A PhD (or equivalent experience) in bioinformatics, biology, genetics, medicine, machine learning, statistics, computer science or a similar area.
- 2+ years in industry
- Experience coding collaboratively and using git as part of a larger collaborative project.
- Experience delivering production quality python code.
- Experience working with and analysing NGS data.
- Experience with a python testing framework (e.g. pytest, unittest, …etc.)
- An in-depth understanding of statistics and their application across a range of data types.
- Experience coding within a team
- Experience developing and releasing software for use by others.
- Experience working with structed data and SQL databases.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Nextflow
- Experience analysing gene perturbation studies (e.g. siRNA, CRISPR, Base editing, Prime editing, …etc).
- Familiarity with popular machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of common genetic association methodologies (e.g., GWAS, gene burden)
- Experience developing tools within a cloud environment (gcloud, AWS, Azure, …etc,)
Insmed Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Interested in applying for more such jobs? Click Here
To apply for this job please visit eu-careers-insmed.icims.com.