Website Flagship Pioneering, Inc.
What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and sustainability?
FL86, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage company developing a novel genomics platform and therapeutics for diseases with a large unmet need.
FL86 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 100 groundbreaking companies over the past twenty years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA) Generate Biomedicines, Sana Biotechnology (SANA), Tessera Therapeutics, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Indigo Agriculture, Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), and Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY). To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
We are seeking a computational scientist who wants to leverage genomics data to identify new ways to treat human diseases. The candidate brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a deep-rooted desire to innovate in genomics. This role is based in the vicinity of Cambridge UK and hybrid work arrangements will be considered, but all applicants will require permission to work in UK.
We are seeking a Computational Biologist who wants to leverage genomics data to identify new ways to treat human diseases. The candidate brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a deep-rooted desire to innovate in genomics. This role is based in the vicinity of Cambridge UK and hybrid work arrangements will be considered, but all applicants will require permission to work in UK.
- Be an active member of a scientific team focused on the design and deployment of genomic technologies, with the end goal of developing new therapeutics for diseases with large unmet needs
- Work on collaborative project teams to design disease specific experiments and analyze results to address underlying genomics questions
- Develop and deploy statistical models to assess database for novel discoveries
- Communicate key findings to stakeholders across the company, in written and presentation formats
- Collaborate closely with other members across the organization
- Identify and integrate relevant structured and unstructured functional and genomics datasets into FL86’s database
- Participate in ongoing work on method development and analysis
- PhD, or equivalent work-experience, in cancer genetics, human genetics, statistical genetics, computational biology, bioinformatics, genomics or similar discipline is required
- 0-5 years of industry/post-doc experience working with genomics data, with ability to process, analyze, and interpret genomic datasets
- Can write and interpret data analysis code
- Candidates with experience in (a) Target discovery or (b) Human or Cancer Genomics analysis will be preferred
- Strong leadership, management, and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating transformative medicines for patients with serious diseases
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.