Job Profile: Scientist – Proteomics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology
Job ID: R-146282
Location: US, CA,South San Francisco
Post Date: June 17, 2022
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Scientist – Proteomics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology
What you will do
The Discovery Proteomics group at our South San Francisco campus is tasked with developing and implementing proteomic characterization technologies in support of Amgen’s early discovery pipeline
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will you will conduct statistical analysis, data ingestion, and computational pipeline development for internal and external mass spectrometry-based and other type of proteomics data to support biomarker discovery, target validation, experimental design, and mechanism‐of‐action studies. You will work closely with other lab-based scientists in the Discovery Proteomics group, genomics, and software engineers in the Research Informatics team to support multi-omics data integration. Demonstrated expertise in modern data analysis and statistical
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enable Amgen’s preclinical pipeline through delivery of innovative technologies and technical expertise
- Implementation of data analysis, management, and visualization
- strategies for the complex proteomics and posttranslational data generated by mass spectrometry and other technologies.
- Develop and establish computational solutions for differential protein expression analysis, protein turnover rate estimation, and protein-protein interaction identification.
- Work across genomic and proteomic platforms, and potentially other ‘omic’ platforms, for data integration and mining, applying available external resources where appropriate.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The highly motivated computational biologist/bioinformatics professional we seek is a scientist with expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Proteomics, Biology OR
Master’s degree and 4 years of scientific experience OR
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of relevant experience
Expertise in large-scale quantitative proteomics and other omics data analysis.
- Laboratory experience in proteomic workflows, sample preparation or related techniques.
- Proficiency in Python/R/SQL/Java and familiarity with analytic techniques/packages necessary for statistical analysis, data processing, data visualization, and machining learning.
- Good practice in coding project management and reproducible data analysis.
- Solid understanding in the Unix/Linux and cloud computing (AWS) environment.
- Experiences in analyzing large scale protein interactions, protein turnover, and/or posttranslational modification studies.
- Knowledge of proteomics data processing pipeline such as Proteome Discoverer, Spectronaunt, Skyline, MaxQuant, DIANN, MSstats, or OpenMS.
- Strong background in biology or chemistry, especially as it pertains to human disease in the fields of Immunology, Oncology, Inflammation, and Cardiometabolic Disease.
- Basic understanding in genomics and transcriptomics technologies and data properties.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
To apply for this job please visit www.applytracking.com.