Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
Position Title: Scientist II, Protein Biology
Job ID: 202761BR
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Bangalore, India
Date Posted: 20 June 2022
Role & Responsibilities
Role: – The Scientist II, Protein Biology role is be a part of antibody development program and contribute to the design and testing of antibodies with a focus on performance and specificity, using state of the art molecular biology methods. The Scientist II, Protein Biology role requires candidate to be rigorous in scientific experimental planning and execution. Fluency in verbal and written communication of results in the work-place is highly desired.
- Contribute in a fast- paced environment towards antibody development.
- Experimental planning and execution to meet program goals. Timely record keeping of results into data sheets and laboratory note-books.
- Regular mining of literature and keeping oneself and team up to date with developments in field of antibody development.
- Compilation and presentation of data in written and oral formats. Active participation in team meetings.
- Mentoring and training junior scientists in research, experimental execution and data presentation.
- Attention to detail and schedules to meet program objectives.
Education & Experience levels:
- Applicants should have Masters with 5+ years OR Ph.D with 2+ years work experience in a life science stream with a strong focus in molecular biology, immunology, protein engineering, biotechnology or biochemistry.
Nature of experience:
- Project or work experience in support of relevant skills such as publications, project reports or thesis work
- Should have a clear understanding of antibodies, their structure, function and development in vivo and in vitro
- Must have a strong background in the field of immunology, with hands-on research experience (academia/industry) working on an immunological problem related to human or mouse immune response
- Should have a thorough working knowledge and extensive hands on experience in multicolor flow cytometry, panel design, instrument set up, primary and secondary gating strategies, compensation set up, flow cytometry data analysis software
- Should have worked with primary immune cells and have hands on experience with their isolation from blood and tissues, maintenance, stimulation and differentiation
- Should have theoretical knowledge and hands on experience with recombinant DNA technologies and molecular cloning, cell culture, transfection, basic biochemical and immunoassay techniques such as protein expression and purification, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting and immunofluorescence
- Should have an understanding of various protein conjugation chemistries, and working knowledge of antibody-dye conjugation techniques
- Should be up to date on cutting edge technologies in flow cytometry methods and instrumentation
- Strong record of publications in peer-reviewed journals is preferred. Bioinformatics and automation experience is a bonus
- Should be a good team player, ready to learn new techniques and an innovative thinker
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced environment and strict adherence to deadlines is essential
- Prior experience in mentoring undergraduate students or junior scientists is a bonus
- Excellent organizational skills is required.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thermofisher.com.