Website Foundation Medicine, Inc.
Job Category: Bioinformatics Jobs
Job Profile: Scientist I, Data Management
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: 30-04-2022
About the Job
The Data Management Scientist I, Biometrics and Biomarkers/Product Development is responsible for the oversight of data management activities and deliverables and providing the highest possible quality and efficiency of focused data management support to all life cycles for novel biomarker development and oncology companion diagnostic programs.
- Provide oversight for data management activities.
- Perform query on database using SQL or other tools.
- Mitigate potential data management issues by reviewing protocols for cross-project consistency.
- Integrate data from multiple data sources for a given project, which may involve merging, reformatting of datasets and deriving new variables.
- Ensure the quality of data by identifying data errors or inconsistencies and work with appropriate personnel to resolve them.
- Perform the data integration and transformation and deliver data tables based on data specifications.
- Manage current and historical data/results to build a knowledgebase and ensure completeness and searchability.
- Ensure that all datasets, programs, and documentation are stored in appropriate locations under appropriate names for easy reference.
- Maintain high-level oversight on data quality metrics and DM deliverables.
- Perform ad-hoc data management and data analysis tasks.
- Collaborate with laboratory scientists, biostatisticians, technologists and regulatory affairs team on study design, planning, data preparation, programming, analysis and presentation of results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics, information systems or related field
- Proficiency in one or several computing software for data programming
- Strong programming and computing skills; fluency in one or several scripting languages (Python, Perl), SQL and/or programming language (R, SAS)
- 2+ years of relevant working experience
- Experience in a programming role preferably supporting clinical trial studies, biomarker studies in the biopharmaceutical/diagnostics/CRO industry
- Knowledge and experience with Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- Excellent communication, presentations and writing skills, and the ability to explain complex technical details in clear language.
- Scientific understanding of cancer genetics and genomics.
- Technical proficiency and creativity.
- Demonstrated history of independent thinking.
- Demonstrated ability of meeting project deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues.
- Demonstrated record of successful independent work and contributions to team projects.
- High level of detail orientation with a focus on quality.
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.foundationmedicine.com.