Scientific Informatics Consultant
A key challenge for today’s drug discovery scientists is the ability to retrieve and understand the most current and relevant data efficiently from both internal and external data sources. Are you passionate about helping scientists improve their data utilization with a self-service data access and integrated analysis solution? Then we want you to join our European team of Scientific Informatics Consultants!
Certara’s D360 is the industry leading scientific informatics system for small molecule and biologics discovery research, and it is used by over 6,000 research scientists worldwide from the top 10 pharmaceutical companies to startup biopharmaceutical companies.
As a member of our Scientific Informatics team, you’ll play a vital role in all stages of the D360 deployment for customers, from initial project and technical requirements scoping through implementation to long term successful adoption via workshops and training events. Our Scientific Informatics Consultants work as application specialists at the intersection of sales and software development, while acting as a trusted advisor to our customers to facilitate streamlined data-driven research.
Key activities for Scientific Informatics Consultants:
- Serves as the subject matter expert in the area of scientific data retrieval and analysis workflows in the early phases of the drug discovery and as the point-of-contact for customers’ technical and functional questions.
- Leads and supports implementations of Certara D360 enterprise solutions along with other consultants, which may involve activities such as installation, upgrades, system configuration, data integration, delivering training courses and post-delivery support.
- Actively supports sales team on the technical, functional and integration aspects of Certara D360 enterprise solutions throughout the sales cycle.
- Works together with the Product Management and Software Engineering groups to provide the best experience and added value for the D360 user community.
- Domain knowledge of early drug discovery research processes with education in chemistry, biology, bioinformatics or related area.
- Practical experience with databases and informatics, including strong knowledge of SQL, data models and relational database management systems.
- Strong background in scientific data handling, analysis, and visualization, ideally with scripting/programming languages.
- Bonus points for: Experience in a client facing role either within the drug discovery/biotech industry or with a software provider
Are you looking for a highly customer facing position that requires a unique mix of scientific, technical, business process, presentation, and communication skills both pre and post sales? Then apply today to find out what more Certara has to offer for you! This position is based in Europe and includes occasional travel. You work remotely or at any of our European offices.
To apply for this job please visit emeacareers-certara.icims.com.