Website PI Industries
Category: Bioinformatics Jobs
Posted on: 19-04-22
Profile: Research Scientist – Bioinformatics(4804)
Company: PI Industries
Research Scientist – Bioinformatics(4804)
The role holder shall perform research activities viz. Molecular modelling and simulation of protein structures, molecular dynamics, active site mapping, sequence alignment, draw relevant computational and intuitive inferences and their relationship with functional conformation with an aim of adding significant value to the business of PI.
- Carry out modelling of protein structures and identify functional domains
- Carry out alignment and comparison of protein and DNA and elucidate critical features
- Carry out and assist biochemical group in their activities
Process Adherence & improvements:
- Adhere to all safety / information security / quality norms related to research programs.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives under direction of Head – Enzyme & Fermentation.
- Participate in knowledge management initiatives by contributing to KM portal.
- Contribute to competitor intelligence through secondary research, participation in internal / external forums, professional organizational networks.
- Identify and utilize best practices in computational biology
- Update timesheets / progress trackers and submit to supervisor as directed.
- Lead own professional development through continuous learning and development initiatives within and outside the organization.
- Collaborate with team members and cross functional teams to ensure meeting research objectives.
Ph.D/M.Tech/M.S/B.Tech in Biotechnology / Chemical engineering from reputed universities / institutions from India/Abroad.
2-3 years of post-academic industrial research experience
Industry to be Hired from:
Agro Chemical / Pharma / Research Universities or Institutes
- Exposure and experience in fermentation operation involving bacteria, yeast, fungal and mammalian systems
- Downstream operations in fermentation such as homogenization, microfiltration, ultrafiltration and lyophilisation
- Excellent clinical and laboratory skills including knowledge of lab procedures, equipment and protocols.
Visit CBIRT for more opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.piindustries.com.