Website Monash University
Job Title: Research Fellow (Bioinformatician) – Level A/B
Job No.: 651046
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12-month fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $75,115 – $101,944 pa Level A / $107,311 – $127,432 pa Level B (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Amplify your impact at a world top 50 University
- Join our inclusive, collaborative community
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas – and the people who discover them
At Monash, work feels different. There’s a sense of belonging, from contributing to something groundbreaking – a place where great things happen.
We value difference and diversity, and welcome and celebrate everyone’s contributions, lived experience and expertise. That’s why we champion an inclusive and respectful workplace culture where everyone is supported to succeed.
Together with our commitment to academic freedom, you will have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure, world class teaching spaces, and international collaboration opportunities.
The Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department is seeking a motivated and dynamic Research Fellow (bioinformatician) to join the Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute.
This position will oversee and deliver high-quality bioinformatics to support the research of the Stem Cells and Cancer laboratory.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research focusing on tissue repair and colorectal cancer
- Develop and implement data analysis for single cell sequencing, spatial transcriptomics as well as routine analysis such as RNAseq
- Work closely with both molecular and computational biologists
The successful candidate will have:
- A doctoral qualification in biology, computer science, physics, statistics or bioinformatics; or
- an honours degree or higher qualification and progress towards a doctorate in biology, computer science, physics, statistics or bioinformatics; and
- be a member of The Monash Bioinformatics Platform; and
- extensive experience in Unix/Linux, and familiarity with R or Python and relevant statistical packages.
Diversity is one of our greatest strengths at Monash. We encourage applications from First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities, and age groups.
Join the pursuit of our purpose to build a better future for ourselves and our communities – #ChangeIt with us.
Monash avidly supports flexible and hybrid working arrangements. We have a range of policies in place enabling staff to combine work and personal commitments more easily.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to ‘How to apply for Monash Jobs’.
Professor Tony Tiganis, Head of Metabolism Program – Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, +61 3 9902 9332
Research Fellow (Bioinformatician) – Level A
Research Fellow (Bioinformatician) – Level B
Monday 12 June 2023, 11:55pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce
To apply for this job please visit careersmanager.pageuppeople.com.