Website Murdoch University
Job: Research Associate Genomics
Location: Perth, WA
Type: Full time
Posted: Feb. 18, 2023
Job ID: JR100582
- Fixed Term (3 Years), Full Time (37.5 Hours per week)
- ACLEA| $70k – $94k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: JR100582
Murdoch University acknowledges the different perspectives, skills and experience that people from different backgrounds bring to strengthen its workforce. Murdoch University is committed to enhancing diversity in all its forms and strongly encourages suitably qualified candidates from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people with disability, and people of CaLD background to apply for this important position.
The Food Futures Institute is one of Murdoch University’s research institutes, working to provide solutions on the sustainable use of limited land and water resources to economically and ethically improve food, forestry and fibre production. The Centre for Crop and Food Innovation is a collaboration of academic research staff working with industry partners to provide research on major broadacre and horticultural crops that will better yield, quality and enhance tolerance and protection from biological and environmental stresses. The State Agricultural Biotechnology is the collaborative university Centre for R&D in agricultural and veterinary biotechnology in Western Australia. It provides platform technologies, word class equipment and facilities for R&D in agricultural biotechnology to researchers from universities, state government and industry.
As a Research Associate you will be responsible to design and conduct research experiments in genomics and molecular biology leading to the next generation of sequencing and genotyping data; and maintain accurate records of experimental procedures and results.
This position leads and contributes to data generation; analysis of the sequence and genotyping data using bioinformatics tools and pipelines for trait mapping, genomic prediction and comparative genome evolution; write peer-reviewed journal articles, progress report, and make presentations; support Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students, and work collaboratively as part of a large team involving government and industry partners.
What you’ll bring to this role
- A post-graduate tertiary qualification (Masters degree), with three years’ experience or a doctoral degree (PhD) in agricultural biotechnology, genetics, plant breeding, or another relevant field
- Experience in data analysis, interpretation for genetic and genomic analysis and pre-breeding research
- Experience in writing research articles and presentation of results before scientific community and industry.
- The ability to work independently with direction and effectively as a team member
- Experience in supervision of honours, postgraduate and HDR students
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further details on the work requirements, duties, skills and experience required for this role. Applicants must have valid work rights.
What you’ll get in return
You will be part of a vibrant and talented team, work in an innovative and lively university community and enjoy the benefits that come with working at Murdoch.
Our people enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid leave entitlements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Gym, Vet Hospital and Chiropractic Clinic
Please apply by submitting the documents below:
- A cover letter including a statement addressing the selection criteria (with reference to the Position Description)
- Your most recent resume (CV)
Please view the position description here.
Please see the Applicant Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Professor Rajeev Varshney, Director of the State Agricultural Biotechnology Centre and Director of the Centre for Crop & Food at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10th March 2023 (11:59pm AWST)
The University reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit murdoch.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.