Website Cincinnati Children's Hospital
Job Title: Research Associate-Gastroenterology/Bioinformatics
Location: Cincinnati, OHCategory
Category: ResearchJob Id
Req. ID: 149333Job Type
Job Type: Full-time
Join our dynamic team at Dr. Yunguan Wang’s Lab within the Division of Gastroenterology and Human Genetics, where we are actively seeking enthusiastic postdocs to contribute to our research. Dr. Wang’s research group is at the forefront of investigating pathogenic mechanisms in autoimmune and rare diseases, employing an integrated approach that combines bioinformatics, systems biology, and immunology.
Recent achievements from our lab include the development of cutting-edge bioinformatic methodologies and the analysis of single-cell multi-omics data and spatial transcriptomics data, leading to publications in prestigious journals such as Science, Cell, Nature Methods, and Nature Cancer. We are committed to addressing fundamental questions about cellular organization and its collective contribution to disease phenotypes, the driving factors behind pathogenic cellular organizations, and the intricate pathways through which cells communicate and influence each other. If you share our passion for unraveling these complex questions, we invite you to consider joining our team. As a postdoc in our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with computational and experimental biologists on various research projects that ultimately aim to improve diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of pediatric diseases. You will work with both in-house and publicly available NGS data such as single-cell and spatial transcriptomics, ChIP-Seq and exome sequencing. Moreover, you will lead the development of novel algorithm/tools focusing on the analysis of neighborhood and cell-cell communication in spatial transcriptomic data.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, execute, and record laboratory experiments, and analyze the data.
- Research and improve current methods and evaluate innovative techniques. Implement this knowledge in the Division/Department.
- Present research at laboratory meetings, journal clubs, seminars, and meetings.
- Draft, write, and edit scientific reports, papers, journal articles, abstracts, and grants.
- Maintain currency in field through continuing education, literature, and seminars.
- Attend required Cincinnati Children’s training sessions and ensure regulatory compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Cincinnati Children’s Research and Training at a Glance:
- Among the top in NIH funding for pediatric research institutions
- Over 1.4 million square feet of research laboratory space
- 900+ scientists conducting basic, translational, and clinical research
- Over 2000 publications annually in top-tier journals
- Access to Employee Resource Groups and Mentorship programs
- Postdocs have gone on to careers in academia, biotech, pharma, teaching etc.
Learn more about the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Postdoctoral Research Fellows and Associates are eligible for:
- Group Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation Benefits for Eligible Hires
Learn how Cincinnati Children’s is building a diverse workforce!
Living in Cincinnati
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in a related job discipline
- The ideal candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in computational/systems biology, bioinformatics, computer science, or a related field.
- Proficiency in at least one high-level scripting language (R or Python).
- Experience in analyzing large-scale next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis, such as WGS, WES, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, or related techniques, as well as single-cell transcriptomics.
- Experience in using high performance computing (HPC) and Linux Bash scripts
- Good knowledge in statistics, machine learning, or mathematics
Cincinnati Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).
Interested in applying for more such jobs? Click Here
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cincinnatichildrens.org.