Website Quest Diagnostics
Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
We are seeking a paid Intern: Data Scientist, Health Informatics
This person can work 100% remotely with a flexible schedule totaling, on average, 20 hours a week, depending on business needs. Candidate must be located in the US.
Pay is $20/hr
– Work remotely with a cross-functional team of analysts, medical doctors, business leaders, and IT professionals to develop and deliver informatics and analytics services and solutions utilizing data from varied healthcare related data sources
– Utilize strong data science programming, quantitative and analytical skills to standardize, integrate, analyze, and model large clinical data
– Identify meaningful patterns in diagnostic test results using data mining, pattern recognition techniques (clustering, association rule mining, and decision trees), and predictive analytics (regression modelling, machine and deep learning, neural networks)
– Contribute to product development including visualizations and statistics-based altering systems to enable public health entities and clinicians to better serve their communities.
– Build scaled data engineering algorithms to minimize the need for additional data curation
– Work on end-to-end projects from data engineering, through advanced analytics, to final presentation and visualization
– Other duties as assigned
– Master’s degree student in quantitative field including Data Science, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Public Health, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics
– Strong ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing priorities, and to work on cross-functional teams
– Ability to work on large data sets using Python is required
– Candidates with both advanced Python and SQL skills are strongly preferred
– Experience using data mining, pattern recognition, machine learning, deep learning, statistical and/or mathematical programming and modeling preferred
– Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, AWS-Quicksight, qlik, Power-BI, SAS-VIYA preferred
– Use of other tools like AWS-Sagemaker preferred
– Professional data science/data engineering experience preferred
– Experience with clinical/health care data and specifically lab data preferred
– Excellent communication skills strongly preferred
– Experience with Microsoft Office products required. Expertise in Excel preferred
– Open to limited travel
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
To apply for this job please visit careers.questdiagnostics.com.