HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
GRAD INTERN – COMPUTATIONAL SCIENTIST
THIS COULD BE YOUR EVERYDAY
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. Amgen is seeking a computational scientist at the Intern level to work in the Department of Translational Safety and Bioanalytical Sciences (TS&BA). This is an exciting opportunity for a talented energetic scientist to join a team that makes impactful contributions to drug development from target identification and validation through product registration and post marketing activities. The ideal candidate will possess an outstanding combination of computational skills and biological understanding coupled with a proven ability to develop solutions that are fit for purpose. The ability to distill complicated technical data into biologically meaningful results and recommendations is essential.
Primary responsibilities of the Intern include:
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more of these areas: RNA-sequencing and single cell RNA-sequencing data, including assessment and construction of gene models across numerous species, Mining of public domain human genetics data for drug safety applications, Analytic modeling and/or machine learning applied to multivariate datasets
- Work in multi-disciplinary cross-site teams
- Document work and author technical reports that summarize complicated computational and bioinformatic analyses in an accurate, yet simplified manner which can be understood by a diverse scientific audience
HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The upbeat individual we seek is a student with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship OR a Master’s program for a
- Master’s internship OR a PharmD program for a PharmD internship OR Ph.D. for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA OR
- Master’s OR Pharm D OR Ph.D. program before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Subject matter expertise in genomics, sequence analysis, RNA-Seq, scRNA-seq, meta-analysis, statistical programming, and general data sciences and visualization
- Training in human genetics and experience interpreting GWAS and PheWAS results
- Experience applying machine learning to biological data
- Proficient in R and Python
- Able to utilize common data science platforms and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated learning agility, resilience, teamwork skills, and leadership skills
SOME OF THE VAST REWARDS OF WORKING HERE
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. Join us.
CAREERS.AMGEN.COM Please search for Keyword R-154442
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Interested in applying for more such jobs? Click Here
To apply for this job please visit careers.amgen.com.