Website Avellino Lab USA Inc
Job Title: Genomics Data Scientist
Avellino, a global leader in precision medicine, is seeking a talented and independent Software Developer to join its subsidiary, Palmona Pathogenomics. Palmona provides the most advanced pathogen genomic analysis for the most effective rapid treatments and accurate global surveillance of infectious diseases. Palmona has rapidly made progress in the fingerprinting and comparison of pathogenic genomes, with the aim of making the comprehensive results available to physicians, healthcare facilities and government agencies.
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in strain-specific genomics data. The successful candidate will help us collect data and manage collaborations with data providers to make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze biological “omics” data (DNA, RNA, physiological measurements, etc) by accessing public databases or setting up and managing new studies.
- Transferring data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data.
- Building tools to automate data collection.
- Searching through large data sets for usable information
- Creating reports and presentations for business and research uses
- Correlating similar data to find actionable results.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in the Biotech Industry is a requirement for this position.
- The ability to work with biological data is essential, while Bioinformatics skills would be beneficial to have.
- Knowledge of programming languages like SQL, Python, R, and Scala
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, linear algebra, optimization)
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis.
- Experience with common data science toolkits (sklearn)
- Experience with genome-scale modelling (cobraPy)
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way.
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with machine learning and AI
- Familiarity with data management tools
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail
Education and Training Requirements
- PhD or higher in computer science, math, engineering, statistics, data science or a related technical field
- 2 years or work experience
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.