Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID: 202380BR
Position Title: Field Bioinformatics Scientist
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Gurgaon, India
Date Posted: 21 June 2022
About the Company
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information,
- The FAS (Field Application Scientist) plays a significant role in ensuring the successful utilization of the products supplied by THERMOFISHER to its customer labs.
- The FAS would typically help in Pre sales discussions/ Demos, Post Sales Support including Training and Troubleshooting – either on site or in a Virtual mode.
- There is a requirement of continuous up-gradation of knowledge/ skills for every Field Application Scientist, which includes keeping up-to-date product information as well as other relevant scientific knowledge.
- The FAS Job involves a lot of travel related to the Field jobs, as also related for internal trainings, trainings conducted in our Demo Labs, Conferences, Workshops and Meetings at customer sites or in ThermoFisher organized events.
- Ability to solving problems and In-depth -Root Cause Analysis -in case of any deviations from normal data on the above mentioned technologies- are part of the necessary skills for job profile.
- FAS job profile also includes remote support to users- either through phone/ digital platforms or email communications, and the candidate must have a good command on Written and virtual communication.
- Support to internal teams (sales, Service and also other FAS) is also a necessary aspect in this role.
- The FAS is expected to attend all required trainings, create the records in designated Software tools- for all the jobs covered – as also provide the data for Customer Feedback surveys.
- Master degree in science, PhD preferred with minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Requires a good knowledge of the next-generation sequencing analysis and understanding of clinical and research applications.
- Prior experience of NGS data analysis for clinical/research applications is crucial.
- Experience with Ion torrent data analysis and software (Ampliseq designer, Torrent Suite software, Ion Reporter and Oncomine reporter) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of commonly used Bioinformatics software for NGS data analysis and industry standard file formats (FASTA, BAM, VCF, BED, FASTQ)
- Experience with public genomic data sources such as genomeAD, TCGA, COSMIC, ClinVar is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Linux and basic system administration skills are required.
- Proficiency in Python or Perl, R, Linux shell scripting and scientific data visualization is required.
- Familiarity with data backup solutions, data migration, and disaster recovery and network security are advantage.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination basis race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, age, genetics, pregnancy, disability or any other legally protected status. Thermo Fisher Scientific complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Visit CBIRT for more opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thermofisher.com.