Website Axle Informatics
Job Profile: Data Science Trainee
Company: Axle Informatics
Job Id: 2022-3065
- Date Posted: Jun 23, 2022
- No. of Positions: 02
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail oriented Data Science Trainee to join our vibrant team.
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
- Good understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts and a passion for learning data analytics is a must.
- Exemplary problem-solving skills and ability to take initiative
- Working knowledge of one of more of these technologies: Python, Django, Java, HTML/CSS,Docker, Unix, Jupyter Notebooks, Angular and/or NodeJS
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong data cleaning and preparation skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Evaluate open source and internally-developed modeling and analytics tools using real business data
- Integrate internal data with external data sources and APIs to discover and implement actionable insights
- Design and craft rich data visualizations to communicate stories to customers and company leadership
- Some experience with Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Currently in an Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science Degree Program.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Data Science or related field.
- Able to work 20-40 hours
- Ability to work independently, just as well as general supervision.
- The ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities.
- Understanding of Undergrad Physics Solid understanding of Linear Algebra Skilled in 2 or more scripting languages (Python required) Skilled/Experienced in Data Extraction and handling.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-axleinfo.icims.com.