Website Corteva Agriscience
Research & Development – Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Req ID: 223890W-01
Date Posted: Sept. 13, 2022
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB TYPE: Experienced
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree
Data Analyst – Computational Biology
Corteva Agriscience is a publicly traded, global pure-play agriculture company that provides farmers around the world with the most complete portfolio in the industry – including a balanced and diverse mix of seed and crop protection solutions focused on maximizing productivity to enhance yield and profitability. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume to ensure progress for generations to come. We are seeking a ‘Data Analyst – Computational Biology’ . We leverage data science and multi-omics data to discover, optimize and develop novel traits, chemistry products and biologicals. As a Data Analyst, you will be part of a diverse team of Data Scientists and Analysts. A critical aspect of this position involves working with global teams across multiple locations.
- Develop computational solutions for scientific problems and write quality bioinformatics software code as required by different projects.
- Evaluate and implement algorithms and workflows for successful completion of projects and Identify areas of process improvements and develop pipelines.
- Identify and generate datasets for scientific testing and evaluation of algorithms
- Manage and complete multiple assigned computational analysis tasks of reasonable complexity.
- Generate scientific reports and communicate results.
Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Functional Genomics, Computer Science with 1-2 years of work experience in industry.
• Scientific programming in Python is required. Experience in additional programming languages and technologies is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in the development of bioinformatics software or large-scale computational biology pipelines and databases.
• Experience in processing NGS datasets and various areas of genome sequence analysis including genome assembly, alignment, variant calling, structural and functional gene annotation.
• Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to learn
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) are a must.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Interested in applying for more such jobs? Click Here
To apply for this job please visit careers.corteva.com.