Website UT Southwestern
Location Type: On-site
Job Number: 618828
Category: Research & Laboratory
Posting Date: July 22, 2022
Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care and resources for the community. With a career at UT Southwestern, you will be a key part of our research within the Department of Bioinformatics with opportunities to be part of the cutting-edge research projects. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and a rewarding career!
UT Southwestern is looking for a Computational Scientists to join our Bioinformatics team. The position will help to provide computational solutions to prominent biological/clinical researchers to help support our ground-breaking research at UT Southwestern. Through the Department of Bioinformatics at UT Southwestern, the successful candidate will have access to and receive support from a world-class high-performance computing infrastructure. UTSW provides a dynamic, collaborative, and integrative research and training environment with state-of-the-art facilities for our computational biologists. This innovative research position allows you to investigate and solve complex data problems within reproductive biology sciences while overseeing the development and maintenance of new and innovative research projects.
As a valued member of the Department of Bioinformatics team, you will have the opportunity to help UT Southwestern with our mission to educate, discover, and heal and grow into advanced supervisor roles.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Three (3) years of scientific software development/analysis
- Experience with HPC is a strong plus
- Master’s or PhD preferred
- Will consider demonstrated success in publishing computational science results in lieu of experience
- Support faculty and students in adapting computational strategies to the specific features of the HPC infrastructure. Working with a range of systems and technologies such as compute cluster, parallel file systems, high speed interconnects, GPU-based computing and database servers
- Develop software and methods to explore, analyze and visualize biological data sets including genomic, imaging and protein structure data
- Participate in the design and execution of collaborative research studies in biomedical informatics
- Train users on the application and usage of computational systems to help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Looking for more such jobs! Click Here
To apply for this job please visit jobs.utsouthwestern.edu.