Job Profile: Computational Biologist
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Category: Digital Data & Analytics
Req ID: 341008
Posted Date: Jul 20, 2022
You should be comfortable working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment, and you will be expected to communicate complex informatics principles, methods, analyses and results to scientists from diverse backgrounds. Furthermore, you will be encouraged to develop and advance your computational biology skills as well as your internal and external scientific profile through presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Computational biology, bioinformatics, computational sciences, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or biomedical/biological sciences OR MS in a related field with 10 years of related experience.
- Experience in a programming language (such as R or Python) for complex data analysis.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts in biology and statistics.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated experience in single cell genomics analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in processing data from large scale genomic and genetic platforms, such as transcriptomic, epigenetic, proteomic or Next Generation sequencing data, including understanding of pathway/network analyses and gene regulation.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods relevant to large scale analysis of biological data sets
- Skills to collect, integrate, mine and analyze complex biological data and translate them into testable hypotheses.
- Experience with functional genomics (gene editing/CRISPR with OMIC/imaging readouts).
- Publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- Knowledge of and experience with common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process.
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Biological background in immunology and/or oncology.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gsk.com.