Posted on: 28-04-22
Profile: Clinical Coding Specialist
Job ID: 333293BR
500 studies across multiple therapeutic areas. This is the exposure and scale our Data Management group has. We are on our journey to Reimagine medicine with Data and Digital and our team is focused on delivering data which is fit for purpose.
Innovation at scale is one of the strategic pillars for us as a Clinical Data Management team and you will have an opportunity to apply your skills to experiment and innovate ways to transform the Clinical Data Management process in Drug Development.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide timely and professional ongoing management of clinical trial data by performing accurate and consistent coding, providing inputs to the relevant coding sections of the Data Management Documents and reviewing coding glossaries.
- Ensures that Coding is current, documents are up to date and database deliverables and timelines are met from a Coding perspective.
- Performs accurate and consistent coding by applying standard conventions, creating appropriate synonyms and creating/managing coding-related queries as needed
- Ensures that coding is completed & Reviewed in support of study timelines/deliverables. Maintains Coding-related section(s) of Data Management Documents.
- Reviews/provide feedback on coding performed by self or others to ensure consistency and quality. Reviews/provide feedback on synonyms. Troubleshoots coding problems, collaborating with peers, database developers, and/or IT support as needed
- Consults and liaise with relevant stakeholders to resolve Coding queries and issues.
- Ensures that dictionary upgrades are completed in a timely manner across the remit of trials
- University or college degree in life science or equivalent relevant degree with 3 or more years of experience in drug development with at least 2 years performing Clinical coding.
- Strong understanding of medical terminology, including medical conditions and medications
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and in an environment where flexibility is required.
- Understanding of clinical trials methodology, GCP and coding tools.
To apply for this job please visit www.novartis.in.