Website Nextonic Solutions LLC
Profile: Bioinformatics Scientist
Date Posted: 25.04.2022
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Nextonic Solutions LLC – Bethesda, MD
Estimated Salary: $90,000 – $110,000 a year
Nextonic is seeking multiple highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Bioinformatics Scientist to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), Research Technologies Branch (RTB), Integrated Data Sciences Section (IDSS) in Bethesda, MD.
- Support the Data Science & Automation group of the Vaccine Production Program (VPP) Labs of theVaccine Research Center.
- Work independently and collaboratively to develop or optimize wet lab procedures that improve the throughput of analytical and process development workflows such as chromatography screens, cell culture condition screens, process optimization, etc.
- Implement and optimize wet lab high-throughput, quantitative analytical assays using methods such as colorimetric, fluorometric, and biolayer interferometry.
- Design, test, and implement data transformation, integration, storage, and analysis pipelines, including development of custom programs written in Python, VBA, C/C++, etc.
- Design and execute both wet lab and dry lab experiments that evaluate performance of process / analytical procedures.
- Effectively communicate with other developers and functional team leads during design, optimization, and implementation of procedures / pipelines.
- Prepare necessary materials (buffers, packed columns, reagents, etc.) in support of development activities.
- Write and review technical protocols and reports.
- Analyze and compile data, present at group/department meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Experience driving research projects independently with limited oversight.
- Demonstrated understanding or proficiency in the following techniques or tools:
- UV/vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry
- Chromatographic purification and/or characterization
- Data visualization/presentation (e.g. gnuplot, ggplot, bokeh, etc.)
- Python (2.7+) programming language
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer software development.
- Knowledge of statistics, especially statistical design of experiments (DoE).
- 100% Medical Dental & Vision Coverage for Employees
- Educational Benefits for Career Growth
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401K Matching
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
To apply for this job please visit nextonicsolutions.freshteam.com.