Category: Bioinformatics Jobs
Posted on: 11-04-22
Profile: Bioinformatics or Senior Bioinformatics Scientist (Multiomics Research)
Overview: GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
This role is geared towards research into integrating information from analytes (such as DNA, RNA and proteins) that can be assayed in the blood and other biofluids to enhance our understanding and performance in early cancer detection. As a computational biologist in the bioinformatics and data sciences (BXDS) organization you will be part of the team that leads the scientific direction and interpretation of multiomics research. You will do this by analyzing some of the largest, richest biological datasets in the world to find biological signals and patterns and guide our assays, bioinformatics pipelines, and product strategies. You will join a dynamic technical department focused on delivering exciting discoveries in cancer biology, impactful publications, and products for the early detection of cancer.
- Define scientific objectives, integrating scientific literature, publicly available datasets, and GRAIL’s rich internal cancer genomics data.
- Model and analyze large, complex genomics datasets to generate biological insights.
- Perform end-to-end analysis that include data gathering, processing, analysis, iteration with stakeholders, and presentation of results.
- Interact cross-functionally with other teams including software, clinical, operations, assay development, product development, and external collaborators.
- Promulgate analyses that reinforce scientific rigor and quality and which maintain GRAIL’s statistical culture.
Your Background Should Include:
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Cancer Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent preparation and experience.
- Proven track record of strong contributions demonstrated by highly cited publications, impactful tools, products, or data sets used by the scientific community, presentations at international conferences, and awards.
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical and machine learning tools to uncover new biological insights from large genomics datasets.
- Expertise in at least one programming language (such as R or Python), proficiency in version control tools and reproducible research practices.
- Self-direction, willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Level is commensurate with experience.
Visit CBIRT for more opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.