Website Medical College of Wisconsin
- Job Profile: Bioinformatics Analyst II
- Requisition ID #: 28991
- Job Category: Research
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Experience Level: Postdoctoral
- City, State: Milwaukee, WI
- Work Location: Health Research Center
- Department: Surgery
- Education: Doctorate Degree
Every great life-changing discovery begins the same way—with new knowledge. It can change everything, from a single life to the future of entire communities. That’s why academic medicine, and the continuous pursuit of knowledge, is at the center of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
In the role of Bioinformatics Analyst II working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Bioinformatics Analyst II works as part of a multidisciplinary team providing service and support to the center. Determines and performs appropriate bioinformatic analysis of data generated through high complexity techniques. Works with multidisciplinary development teams to develop new methodology and tools for analysis, and/or to define improvements for existing systems and tools.
• Develops, implements, and refines bioinformatic workflows and analytical tools for analyzing and visualizing NGS data.
• Adapts standard bioinformatics tools, visualization packages, and NGS database/annotation resources for research projects to independently and accurately perform routine analysis.
• Performs validation of new procedures, protocols, software, and translational medicine projects under the direction of Bioinformatics Analyst III.
• Works with DBA and system administrator to implement and optimize databases and data storage methods.
• Contributes to publications by providing figures, tables, and text to accurately illustrate analytical methods & results.
• Operates and troubleshoots key analytic tools; notifies Supervisor when complex problems occur.
• Operates, calibrates, maintains, and troubleshoots equipment; notifies Lead Clinical Analyst when complex problems occur.
• May provide technical skill training to lower level analysts.
• Performs other duties as needed or indicated by Supervisor.
Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree – Scientific Field
- Minimum Required Experience: 2 Years of experience
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree – Scientific Field
- Preferred Experience: academic papers, pipeline development or implementation, generation of publicly accessible datasets
Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403B Retirement Package
- Competitive Vacation and Paid Holidays offered
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On campus Fitness Facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: Select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment etc.
For a full list of positions see: www.mcw.edu/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.