Website Seven Bridges
Profile: Bioinformatics Analyst
Company: Seven Bridges, U.S.
Closing Date: Open
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our clients to design and implement solutions for precision medicine and immuno oncology
- Work with major pharmaceutical companies to develop and implement bioinformatic solutions
- Understand client’s use case and their existing bioinformatics data processing pipelines
- Evaluate new approaches and proactively propose improvements and optimizations for existing client’s genomic data analyses
- Analyze and process genomic data using Python, R and CWL.
- Optimizing pipelines for genomic data analysis and automating client genomic data analysis
- Evaluate and troubleshoot incoming requests from clients
- Understand the architecture and the services of the Seven Bridges platform
- Stay updated with open source bioinformatics tools and scientific best practices
- Bring new bioinformatics tools and workflows to the Seven Bridges platform
- Communicate with account and project managers
Do you have what it takes?
- MS with a minimum 5 years of experience in Bioinformatics data analysis/Computational biology in industry setting
- In-depth knowledge of sequencing and genomics technologies
- Experience in NGS analysis and methods (tools) as well as the computing infrastructure (in Linux/*NIX environment)
- Demonstrated coding ability with Python, R, or bash/Perl and good coding practices
- Familiarity with common bioinformatics tools for DNA and RNA-seq analysis methods such as GATK suite, Freebayes, BWA, STAR, Strelka, etc.
- Proven ability to design analytical pipelines for processing genomic dataset in order to drive new findings
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-focused and team-player mindset
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with AWS/Azure/Google cloud
- Previous research experience and publication record
- Previous bioinformatics work in immuno oncology space
- Strong ability to identify customer needs
- Proven communication and presentation skills to a variety of different audiences
- Knowledge of the clinical applications of genomics in cancer and other therapeutic areas and a deep understanding of the challenges researchers face when integrating genomics into clinical workflows
- Familiarity with common software development best practices
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar ticketing system
- Previous experience using Seven Bridges products
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.