Position Title: ACN – Applied Intelligence – Palantir – 08
Job NO.: 72532
Location: Bengaluru, India
Role: Sr Tech Lead Data Engineer
Date Posted: 18 June 2022
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song – all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com
In Accenture Applied Intelligence, we provide industry solutions, scaled Data & AI services powered by industry experts, and help clients to extract business value. Palantir provides the world’s leading software platform for data-driven operations and decision-making. It is trusted to solve an organization’s most complex, time-critical, and data-sensitive problems. Palantir Foundry accelerates the deployment of an organization’s business operations platform leading to large-scale adoption of data for driving everyday business outcomes. Accenture’s combination with Palantir can transform the value chain of enterprises by becoming data-driven to the core.
The Accenture Palantir Practice has a unique center within Accenture that focus on the design and implementation of analytics solutions on top of Palantir’s big data platforms.
• Be a thought leader in solution design, translating functional requirements to data pipeline implementation specifics.
• Promote quality engineering principles at every step of the development lifecycle and assume overall responsibility for the technical excellence of the team’s deliverables.
• Coordinate release and deployment activities.
• Help mature the technical skills and working practice of more junior members of the engineering team.
• Continuously look for improvement avenues in all processes pertaining to development activities.
• Hands-on involvement in the development, maintenance, and operation of data pipelines for processing high throughput molecular assay readouts (e.g. genetic variation data from NGS and genotyping platforms, RNA-Seq, microarrays, proteomics platforms etc).
• 6 + years of software development experience, and 1+ years in a technical leadership position.
• Expert and very good experience in Python.
• Expert-level hands-on experience in Pyspark.
• Expert in Spark core and Spark SQL with substantial experience in designing and implementing scalable data pipelines in this framework.
• Proficient with Git, Jenkins, Docker, and Singularity.
• Prior experience with Palantir Foundry is a plus.
• Previous bioinformatics experience is preferred. This can be demonstrated through prior involvement in one or more aspects of handling NGS data, from primary to tertiary processing. Basic familiarity with key concepts in genetics and molecular biology would be seen as a plus.
• Proven track record of championing technical excellence through hands-on interventions pertaining to quality engineering best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to lead without being in a position of authority.
• Preference for proven experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark.
• Good exposure to at least one cloud ecosystem (AWS/ GCP/ Azure)
• Good knowledge of AWS Components: Docker, Kubernetes, S3, Ethina
• Strong foundation in tool development (through projects/ courses/ hackathon/ internships/ MOOC)
• Overall understanding of Database space (Databases, Data Warehouses, Reporting, Analytics, Data Mesh).
• Very good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Very good domain knowledge.
• Open to learning new technologies in-line with organizational needs/direction.
• Self-driven and laser-focused on delivering outcomes with speed and agility.
• A master’s degree in any related technology is advantageous.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.accenture.com.